Jay
Jay
Survivalist
member3

I think it all boils down to the personal preparedness philosophy. In an ideal world, everyone would have 2 to 3 bug out locations, all properly stocked with at least some basics for a year and well hidden but still within 1-2 days of walking distance from a city.

Overall if you are living in an environment like a city that is very dependent on the system working it will be harder if it stops to work. Throw in being surrounded by a big number of the most dangerous animal on the planet, us humans… and things don’t look so well.

The big benefit prepared city dwellers have is that they can act faster than others. If we talk about an EMP for example you can bug out while others still complain that the coffee machine isnt working.

Personally I realized in the last couple of years that living in a city isnt for me in the long run anyway and thats why I moved to the countryside. The whole rural vs countryside discussion involves to many factors that it makes sense to listen to different opinions but at the end of the day it will all depend on personal preferences and priorities.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")