Profile photo of feral hobbit
feral hobbit
Survivalist
member2

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will touch on the home invasions a little more for Jay. I had just moved into a new house with my pregnant wife and my 2 year old daughter. I happened to notice the motion light in the back yard come on and took my 9mm with me to investigate. I waited just inside the door, I didn’t want to get jumped. I spoke to whatever was there and it spooked him enough to make him run. The second time was similar, only on my front porch. I reported this one to the police. The third was a really random instance of a guy stoned out of his mind thinking he was breaking into his “buddy’s” house. That guy got arrested. The crazy thing was that I lived in a really great neighborhood. These things never happened there and haven’t since. I, however, have moved to a small acreage since then.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...