Profile photo of Amanda11
Amanda11
Survivalist
member3

Thank you for the welcome everyone! It was in another site’s Q & A that I stumbled upon Selco’s amazing story of survival, and it inspired me to reach out and start learning more through the experiences of others. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Selco, and for starting this site. It’s the first one I’ve felt compelled to join.

I realize now that one of the major holes in my strategy is a lack of communication with other like-minded people. I don’t have much family, and your blunt statement “Strength was in the numbers, if you were alone in the house, you’ve been probably robbed and killed, no matter how well armed” actually made me sit back in my seat, stunned. Of course you are right, and I had to address my own arrogance. Since eating that slice of Humble Pie I’ve begun networking with other good friends in close proximity who I suspected shared a similar mindset, and relationships are being formed that will hopefully lead to our “Safety in Numbers” group.

I’m looking forward to learning from everyone, and hopefully I can share a few things as well. Happy Friday to all!