Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

No, it’s not named after a cat…

And RGR, its a Suomi M31. The Finns decommissioned their K31 submachine guns. Someone over here bought a bunch of them, refitted them with carbine-length barrels and made them Semi-Only. They still take the 30-something round stick mags and 76 round drums…

I bought mine for a couple hundred bucks. Sourced a half dozen drum mags and a dozen stick mags. Replaced the sling (unlike the M31, the issue sling is chintzy) with a nice leather sling from a German MP40… works fine. A Thompson SMG mag bag (for the stick mags) holds 8 of the M31 mags. A musette bag for the drum mags and remaining stick mags. Been thinking of taking a risk on the mag pouches made for the MP40… if my mags wont fit it, then I’m out some cash until I can unload it on someone who actually needs it. The Finns didn’t have dedicated mag pouches… they used some cobbled together bag-like thing with buckles and straps…. I bought one and was so baffled by it, I chucked it in the corner and haven’t touched it since…

They’re heavy, but because of the wood-and-steel construction, recoil is zero. Plus, with that kind of beef, you can bash the **** out of someone and the little M31 will shrug it off… plasticky carbines can’t do that… well, I suppose you could bash someone once with one… once…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.