Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

I call BS on the article title. “Military.com” and many military “news” outlets are not endorsed by the military at all and have writers that constantly and consistenly screw things up (like writing that the AH-1W aircraft had an anti collision radar in a crash article – it doesn’t). They hire the same type of budding reporters that the lame stream media does where little research and more guessing passes for investigative journalism.

Having recently shot at the local SEAL indoor range recently and hearing a couple of them tell my group that they only used 9mm for “dogs and security lights” and as a backup (including the HK MP5), that should tell you what they really think of the 9mm IF they had the choice. Just because they have them in the inventory, doesn’t mean that would be what they would actually PREFER. They use the tools that are given to them. I’ve got both, but if I had to choose one and had no ammo logistics issues, it would be the .45 also. I didn’t conduct a poll or anything, but the fact that these units are constantly seeking out better variations of the .45 – instead of being satisfied with the 9mm, speaks volumes…

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine