Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Robin,

I am aware we gave them Stingers back when the Soviets were occupying Afghanistan.

1. It was a test. The Stinger was new tech back then, and since we really weren’t fighting a war anywhere, thanks to Congressman whats-his-face, we gave a boatload of Stingers to the Afghans. Who promptly whupped the **** out of the Soviets with them. Yay for the Military/Industrial Complex. [/sarc]

2. We used the Afghans to fight the Soviets via proxy. We knew it. The Soviets knew it. SSDD.

That said, there is no proof that the Stingers the Afghans currently have are those same Stingers we gave them back in the 80’s. The Army probably brought some with them when they invaded a couple years back. We were leaving all that other crap there, so what’s a few hundred more Stingers? (or however many they got)…

One thing I am currently concerned about is the fact that they actually got them. Meaning, sooner or later, one or more of them will find their way back here to the US, and some damn fool of a towelhead will skrag an airliner with it… ( some say Flight 800 was skragged by one of them… multiple witnesses testifying that they saw a missile that day… and the “Official” word is that the Flux Capacitor had a dark matter energy surge which locked the Knooter Valve, which resulted in a reverse-polarity feedback loop in the anti-proton shunt valve which…. yeah, ain’t nobody believing that bullshit… )

Easy enough to do. Pay those idiots in the Caribbean or Mexico to look the other way while your boat slides through, or stamp your paperwork without inspection… easy enough. When Juan is only making a few bucks a month down in a Narco-State, a suitcase full of Ben Franklins looks pretty damn good… and all he has to do is just wave you through…

Of course, I’m sure there are those in power who are counting on such a thing to happen… just so they can use it as an excuse to complete the circle…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1