Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

“Explosives” huh?

There was a time when all you had to do was go down to the local hardware store, show your drivers license and you could buy plain old dynamite. An “explosives license” was 25 cents, and you got them down at the local courthouse. That was back in the 1940’s…

Of course, things have changed. Now, if you want to play with things that go “bang”, you have to go through a very expensive series of classes, given by a bonafied instructor. The classes do not run all the time, so you have to make sure you are available when the classes are given. Otherwise, you are SOL. After you complete the classes, you have to beg permission from the Feds for an equally expensive license. Which is only good for a short time. And you can’t just re-apply for the license. You have to go through the classes all over again.

Not defending this guy. Just comparing “then” with “now”. Pretty much the only folks who can afford the classes and licensing are big companies with lots of liquid cash. Wouldn’t do to have farmers removing stumps on their own or digging holes the easy way… cuts into their business…

Sort of torn on this one… the country with enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world is worried about one old greybeard using meatball chemistry to mix up some stuff in his basement? I mean, yeah sure if they guy lives in suburbia, that would be an issue… but if he lived on 500 acres of land and was miles from anyone, well, who cares? If there’s an accident, he only takes out himself. They made Alfred Nobel move his operation onto a barge in the harbor because of a previous accident, so it ain’t like there’s no precedent…

And I’d like to know what kind of “explosives” he’s making? Nitro? Plastique? Plain old black powder? Be nice if they were a bit more specific.

And I’m not liking the smearing prepper types are receiving… FEMA tells us to lay in supplies of stuff “just in case”… then, when we do, we’re trash-talked as “outliers” or weirdos… and DHS is wanting prepper supply houses to snitch on their customers…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1