Profile photo of matt76
matt76
Survivalist
member8

I agree, it is infuriating to be manipulated. I have struggled with this for some time. I am a Christian, work hard for my money and God has truly blessed me. I am told to give to the poor. We never know the story of why or how someone got on that corner. Some are obvious, amputations, deformities and other disabilities. I can bring myself to help that guy but that able bodied lazy #$&/^*# standing there holding a sign looking all forlorn and sad sends my blood pressure through the roof. My Bible says you don’t work you don’t eat. I stopped one time and told one of those guys holding a sign that said “will work for food” I had some work for him. His first question was how much does it pay. I almost came unglued right there buy I kept my composure. I told him 50 bucks for a couple hours work. He then asked what he would be doing. I told him I neede some yard work done and just general cleaning up. He told me no thanks he made more money standin there in a couple hours. I had to walk away before I lost it. I did part with some words but I won’t repeat them here. You can’t help those who won’t help themselves.