Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Patience. Literally, the willingness to wait and see what happens…. lots of folks seem to think that they need to be MEN OF ACTION! Well, that’s good when it is required. But being able to sit back, wait, think things through… is equally important. Also keeping a cool head. Lots of folks get rattled with **** does not go as planned (does it ever?) or when the bullets start flying. Staying composed pays big dividends…

A sense of humor. Even gallows humor. Taking everything way too seriously will put you in an early grave. If something is absurd, you have to be able to see it as such and take pleasure from it… one of the things we are never short of around here is poo. It is literally everywhere.

So, of course there are lots of poo jokes being cracked. Poo jokes never get old. No matter what we do around here, somehow poo is involved. You are either adding it to something, removing it from somewhere, scraping it off your boot, stepping in it, smelling it, looking at it, avoiding it, running over it with the lawnmower (hitting poo with a lawnmower makes for epic poo flinging!)… if I let it get to me, I would go completely insane.

So, a coping mechanism is humor. Also when things get really bad, like a couple weeks back when a storm tore off about half the barn roof… I reverted to humor. Had to.

“Well, we always wanted a skylight there..”

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1