Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

If you’ve got the resources and/or live near a cement plant – adding some cement to the sandbag mix and laying them out will eventually create an easy to make pretty impervious wall/structure. Spray with water for immediate hardening (if you’ve got it) or just wait for mother nature to do it over time. I’ve seen some of these on bases where the burlap bags have long since disintegrated, but the cement “bags” are still in place and obviously hard as a rock. I haven’t “tested” per se, but I’d bet that just one layer of these would stop a .50 for a while. A buried structure covered with these bags would keep the dirt in place (from erosion) and add several inches of cement without all the forms and pouring and such.

Tolik – great point on the eathen berms. Some of those still exist from the civil war days today! Also on Selco’s point – use all three (wood, earth, sandbags) together in layers and you’ve got a serious fortification!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine