Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Y’all, don’t get me wrong…

I don’t think a SHTF situation will be a bunch of irradiated mutant zombies wandering the countryside munching on people… I also don’t think that just because TSHTF, people will turn into psychotic dicks that go around murdering people just because.

I’m sure there will be psychotic dickheads running around killing people during SHTF, same as there are now. I mean, look how we treat each other on Black Friday when the ICrap goes on sale down at Best Buy. And these are still relatively good times.

But humans are social animals. Leastways, certain groups are (without belling the cat at this point). We need each other, if even for simple human contact. It will suck for awhile – how long is anyone’s guess – but I think eventually cooperation for our mutual benefit and commerce will re-establish itself. People need things and it’s easier to trade with someone who has what you need than killing him off and taking his ****. After all, where will your next source of (fill in the blank) come from if you kill off the only guy making/growing it? Do that a couple times and nobody will trade with you under any circumstances… they’ll just assume the worst and blast your ass as soon as they see you coming.

There’s probably gonna be a bad spell. Again, for how long I do not know. There will be betrayal, Bad Actors and some seriously heinous things happen… but I think if we can tribe up on a local level and perhaps keep the vision of the Founders alive – even in miniature – we’ll be okay. Western Civilization and America – as the Framers envisioned it – are really nothing more than an idea. And as long as the idea is alive, then we are.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. – V

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1