Profile photo of undeRGRönd
undeRGRönd
Survivalist
member8

That would be funny as all get out, you give a shifty character a big wad of paper bills for a good SHTF item or ammo, something like that, right before the paper bills become low grade toilet paper :D I need to save up at least some FIAT I guess! The old school preppers over here in U$A say to have a good amount in small bills, 5’s, 10’s, 20’s and some ones. Saving coins (change is a great idea as well, even the junky dimes and quarters, but I tend to turn mine in for FIAT so I can get other stuff, usually ammo :D

I save copper pennies, OK for bug IN but I’d prolly leave them behind, especially if I was rushed in a Bug Out.
I have a fellow over on silverdoctors who says there is a plan to back the U$D (or replace it) with Copper Coin, and Silver and Gold, but Copper would be the mainstay. The new “Dollar” would equate to basically 2 (TWO!) of the old
US Cents, pre-1982 or roughly 6+ grams of Copper.

If you have the means and storage, save your copper cents (¢) because they are already worth between 2 and 3 cents right now, but likely more if you factor in Precious Metals Manipulation. U$ Nickels are worth right at 5¢ but were close to 8¢ in 2008 because China was hoarding all the metals right then, to build up the Olympics. Any nickels and pre-82 pennies are worth more than face, so save those. It’s just a cheap and easy way to get some monetary insurance against Dollar Devaluation. I’ve been doing it for a few years now, and it does not take up very much space…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum