Profile photo of libbylindy
libbylindy
Survivalist
member4

Tweva, how long do you leave the “glop” under the tarp to kill the weeds? This sounds like a great idea! I am going to try it!
In our county, we have a place where the county accepts – for free – any landscaping/yard waste and then they mulch it up. Also for free, you can go and get all you want of the mulched stuff. They even load it up for you with their heavy equipment! What a deal! So just for the price of gas, we have absolutely all the mulch that we can use. I would love to get piles of it, but right now don’t have the time to deal with unloading it and finding a place to store it till it composts down some more. I am so excited about it. It is doing a wonderful job at controlling weeds this year and keeping the soil cooler. Here in the south, a cooler soil will help with the harvest. So far, so good, although I will probably have to use more fertilizer this year and for subsequent years for a while until it really starts working like it should. So far I have used a full 16′ trailer load and need to get at least two more to finish the project. All I am looking for now is time!