Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Leopard – Thanks so much for posting.  I’ve been in countries and New Orleans that required fences with glass on top and such, but only for the low level burglaries, not the persistent thugs you are talking about.  What a shame that you’re uber switched on senses has become the “new norm” for you.  I hope that you situation improves or you get the chance to move for the protection of your family – realizing it’s a difficult decision to make.  I can’t leave my doors unlocked in So. California, but we don’t have fences or bars or any of that and I’ve only lost one speaker from my Jeep (that I left unlocked by accident) in the past 10 years so I suppose we are fairly safe.  Regardless, still have a big dog and lock doors because I think it’s a mistake to be too trusting of anyone regardless of past “safe” time frames.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine