Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

Man, this is awesome!  Thanks for all the feedback and input everyone!

Jay, great site – thanks for that.  I don’t have $1500 to drop on anything but the mortgage right now anyway!

Ghost Prime – I’ll keep that in mind.  I also read that peppers from seed were much harder, but I did get two of them to germinate from seed this year that I kept from some red bells.  I dried them for a few days on paper towels.  I finally just went and bought the already growing ones when they went on sale as the seed ones are less than an inch now.  We’ll see if they produce.

Tweva – Okay, now I think the community gardening expert has arrived!  LMAO!  Yeah, I had to go read that post over three times!  That’s not a bad thing at all – we’ll all learn via firehose if we have to!  Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that out.  I don’t know about everyone else, but I’d be interested in a dedicated gardening forum under Preparedness or maybe by itself where the experts like you could put “how to” stuff for all of us novices to follow.  Food for thought if you’re up to it.  I did start with looseleaf – Oakleaf is one of them, along with a bibb and Parris Island Cos.  Some of them are about 4-5 inches high and my wife wants to make them into salad – are they ready yet or will they get bigger?  Oh, and I planted 5 different peppers all in a row separated by about a foot each – did I mess it up and contribute to cross pollinating?  They are just now going to flower…I have room to move them if I need to.

Go ahead and answer Jay first – I’m interested in that also for when I have a few acres.

Alright – thanks again to all!  K

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine