Profile photo of Novus Ordo
Novus Ordo
Hunter
rprepper

’74 – Right on, thanks for the history lesson.  I believe it – how many times have we seen things re-packaged and re-sold over and over?  Hell, Hollywood does it all the time with movies since they evidently have a shortage of talented writers.  How about the Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller – originally came out in 1947.

Glad to hear there are some experts out there – I’ll take all the advice I can get.  Right now my romaine isn’t coming up.  First attempt at lettuces.  Got a couple other types to grow a bit though.  I seeded twice and out of about 25+ I only got one to sprout.  Maybe I should have grown them in containers first.  Soil is typical SoCal, a bit sandy and I mixed it 50/50 with some store bought “Garden Soil”.  Everything else is pretty good.  I haven’t gone the route of a soil tester or any of that – more of an experiment “if I had to start this to live off of”.  Thought I’d better learn now, than when it really counts.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine