Frozenthunderbolt
Frozenthunderbolt
Survivalist
member4

Top: the sheath for the Kukri with the sheath i made for my skining knife tucked into it.
Next to top: skinning/detail knife i made from a piece of industrial hacksaw blade and slabs of Banksia wood. It is sharp enough to shave with.
Middle: The Kukri from Windlass Steelcrafts, looking a lot more beat up than when i got it (80 grit sandpaper slipped) but way more functional. I still want to narrow the edge in the bottom hollow, but I’m very happy with the chopping edge across the rest of the blade now. I’ve rounded off the top of the pommel slightly.
Bottom left: USA made ExotacPollystrikerXL fire rod and striker. This is the only bit that doesn’t yet fit perfectly; I’m currently thinking I’ll trim down the handles on the rod and striker and drill new holes for their lanyard so the two parts will fit nicely in one of the Chakmak pockets.
Bottom Middle: AccuSharp® Diamond Rod Sharpener: an unbreakable diamond-coated steel rod used to sharpen all kinds of knives, including serrated edges. The retractable rod is engineered with a cone-shaped end for use on serrations and tight spaces. The diamond-coated steel rod also has sharpening grooves for use with all kinds of hooks, darts, and pointed objects. this works well, almost too well; I’m tossing up weather to cut and mount a short section of proper butchers steel instead.
Bottom right: the ‘chakmak’ and ‘kada’ supplied with the Kukri. Essentially useless – I’m going to try sharpening one tonight with my lansky system just for giggles. Not sure what possible use they might have.

I’ve bought a couple of hanks of black paracord for my father in law to use to braid me a sling for it, and to whip the bottom of the sheath with. I’l try to remember to add another photo of that once it is done.