Profile photo of namelus
namelus
Survivalist
member7

the 1911 out of most manufacturers dont work because of a stacking tolerance problems some work some dont, bs for any gun.The gun was never designed to be mass produced with tolerances without a smith assembling it. Out of the box 1911 you are better off  to get another kind of pistol especially for SHFT. Yes lots work some dont and take too much messing with to get a 7 shot  automatic which is a waste. For its time it was good now it is sub par> you end up having to gunsmith most of them either yourself or with pro to get a functional pistol.  most fail unless a loose feel to them  in a long sequence  training scenario.  Failure is anytime you pull trigger and it does not fire except when mag is empty which is a fools mistake of not counting. A failure in the ammunition is still a problem  though not a gun problem this  type of failure needs to be addressed to but can be looked at as a clearing exercise.

Just my two cents on a 1911, needing less rounds  because a 45 is a bigger stopper, yes but on average it takes 2.09 hits to stop and a 9 mill 2.45 still three  shots in my book. but one with 7 one with 14+ i look at it as 2 enemies or 4 without a reload if you can hit that well  and in in actual  use that is not going to happen.

I do carry a 45 as my side but not a 1911. It is not fair to compare the Hk mark 23 to a 1911 not even in same class. Ask your self how long between failures can my gun go. then how accurate am i with it at 25 feet and less (most pistol fights range)   you have some idea  of minimal survivability you have in a close up. Training is the rest and that just takes practice practice practice.

just my two cents
<div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>9mm Luger# of people shot – 456
# of hits – 1121
% of hits that were fatal – 24%
Average number of rounds until incapacitation – 2.45
% of people who were not incapacitated – 13%
One-shot-stop % – 34%
Accuracy (head and torso hits) – 74%
% actually incapacitated by one shot (torso or head hit) – 47%  – See more at: http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/an-alternate-look-at-handgun-stopping-power#sthash.TfLcgvsR.dpuf</div&gt;
<div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>.45 ACP# of people shot – 209
# of hits – 436
% of hits that were fatal – 29%
Average number of rounds until incapacitation – 2.08
% of people who were not incapacitated – 14%
One-shot-stop % – 39%
Accuracy (head and torso hits) – 85%
% actually incapacitated by one shot (torso or head hit) – 51%  – See more at: http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/an-alternate-look-at-handgun-stopping-power#sthash.TfLcgvsR.dpuf</div&gt;