Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

As to how much to carry in a BOB , thats strictly up to the person and their philosophy , there is no right or wrong . Bug out , means your leaving through situations beyond your control ………or you would most likely stay put . That said , If I have to be uprooted from my home , there is a good chance that I’m not going to be returning anytime soon , that said , when or if I do return , I would bet money that it will be a ransacked mess , with nothing I left behind still remaining in it . So given that , I pack on the heavy side , you can always ditch or trade things later as you see fit . I have a medium BOB , and a Large BOB , if I have to go alone , and move around on foot a great deal , then the medium one is what I will pick up , if I’m not alone and can depend on transportation most of the time , the big one is what I take , and give the med . to another in my party . The med one is a flecktarn 50 L pack with several Molle pouches attached . The large pack is the current issue US army Molle large ruck in multicam , that thing is a monster ! it will hold more than you can carry .