April 28, 2014 at 8:31 am #11347
Hey Nitro, glad to have you here. Great first weapon you got there. The Mosin has a lot going for it. If you just start out and read about survival and preparedness online please keep those things in mind:
- Skills beat equipment because you always have them with you and they can’t easily break or run out of power (unless you do)
- If you shop for equipment go for good quality essentials first (like the Mosin, a good knife and so on)
- Don’t get too caught up in all the tactical stuff, just like Selco also said in his last post, urban survival is more about clean water than guns.
- Practice what you read and learn. Practice matters a lot.
- Just like the few pointers above, survival has a lot to do with common sense. Read a lot, practice a lot and be open to all sorts of solutions.
Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")