Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Guys and gals,

I came across this and it actually made me smile… I was with A Co., 1/507th Parachute Infantry when I was much younger. What this says is true. Do not underestimate our ability to gather together to defend against our modern day Visigoths…

Enjoy.. :)

After the demise of the best Airborne plan, a most terrifying effect occurs on the battlefield. This effect is known as the “Rule of the LGOP’s” (Little Groups of Paratroopers). This is, in its purest form, small groups of pissed-off 19 year old American paratroopers. They are well trained. They are armed to the teeth and lack serious adult supervision. They collectively remember the Commander’s intent as “March to the sound of the guns and kill anyone who is not dressed like you” – or something like that. Happily they go about the day’s work…

Having been a part of the LGOP’s, this is exactly right… but now that I’m older and much more experienced, me – and thousands of guys just like me – are in a position to be that “serious adult supervision”. We can organize our own groups of pissed-off 19 year olds and happily go about clearing our respective areas of operation… the trick is, is to get your community all on the same sheet of music, right now. After TSHTF is going to be too late. You’re already behind the curve and not even treading water…

All us creaky old stove up vets that have been put out to pasture – we can train anyone in the basics. Rifle marksmanship, movement to contact, how to set up and initiate an ambush, how to break contact successfully, how to react to an ambush, sniping.. even some of us are experts in urban warfare (given our time over in the sandbox). We’re pretty much all schooled in basic infantry tactics, and we can pass that training on to a younger group, setting up an autonomous unit that can defend against a gaggle of untrained urban Visigoths bent on mayhem…

A couple half dozen belt fed, tripod mounted GPMG’s would be nice, too…. but we gotta work with what we have…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1