Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on in prepper communities about hunting to survive . Most people I read are delusional if they think they are going to just bug out and live off the land , and that the land is going to be able to support them . Even in good or stable times , its not that simple or easy . Game animal populations are not as big as some people think they are . Thats why hunting seasons and regulations exist , its to make an attempt to manage properly animal populations to help insure that they will be around for future generations . That said , in SHTF , EVERYBODY that has a firearm is going to try to go out and get anything they can to fill their belly . During the great depression of the 1930s , entire populations of animals were wiped out in some areas , now take the population we have now and the total disregard for almost anything responsible that our population currently has for life in general …………………If thats your plan , you might want to rethink that . Look at it this way , take a look at farming , how much you actually have to plant to feed one person for one year , its an eye opener ………….then think about how nature works , its very random . You willing to depend on that ? ………….I’m not . Just Sayin